"...It was the most thorough review of my physical condition relative to my PD that I have had to date, including the assessments of the four neurologists I have had."
Support every step of the way
We want you to succeed - that's why our team will track your progress, celebrate your accomplishments, and help you navigate your challenges. It is so much easier to stay on track when you have consistent support.
Exercise Designed for your Body
When our physiotherapist works with you, you can expect regular assessment of your strength, balance, flexibility, and aerobic fitness. This information, along with your preferences and goals, is used to create a treatment and exercise program designed just for you.
The Best Accountability Partner You'll Ever Have
Sometimes it can be difficult to exercise consistently, despite knowing how important it is for your health and for the management of Parkinson's Disease! Having regular 1:1 sessions with a physiotherapist (along with a personalized program schedule) can be a great way to keep yourself accountable and on track.
What you can expect:
- We will learn about your medical history, social history and current condition and hear your story right from the start so we can create the best holistic treatment plan designed specifically for you.
- Examination and testing of coordination, gait, posture, balance, alignment and function.
- We will answer any questions you have surrounding your Parkinson's experience and any other related issues.
- Development of a treatment plan specific to your life, symptoms and schedule.
- Education on Parkinson's treatment including exercise, medication optimization, sleep, nutrition and other approaches
- These sessions will be used to help implement your specific treatment plan and keep you accountable!
- Treatment can range from hands on Physiotherapy to the development of home or gym exercise programs and everything in between. This will be determined based on your needs
- Frequency of sessions will depend on your goals and needs and will be determined together on an ongoing basis